Monday, November 12, 2018
I have had the privilege of performing several Vow Renewal ceremonies recently and they have all been fantastic! The choice of venues and styles is enormous, from a beautiful garden setting to a church. What a wonderful way of renewing and confirming what you both already have, in each other. Congratulations to Stephanie & Mark, it was a special day!
Posted by From This Moment On Celebrant Services at 3:26 PM
Monday, September 3, 2018
It is so important that you have an alternative plan, if you are intending an outdoor wedding. It can save the day and your hair and keep you and your guests comfortable and happy. A venue that offers everything in one place will generally offer you a choice if the weather fails you, but a beach location or a park, can be tricky if nature isn't kind. Keep plan B on your list, if you are choosing an outdoor setting.
Posted by From This Moment On Celebrant Services at 10:57 PM
Monday, July 30, 2018
Here are some things they should and should not do.
- As your Celebrant, explain clearly what it is they are doing for you
- Not photo-bomb your pictures the photographer is taking unless they have asked you first (unless they are pics which have been taken during the course of the ceremony)
- Wear clothing unbecoming of a celebrant, unless it is a themed wedding. They should not stand out more than you do!
- Make sure the music is organised, if they have agreed to do the music and even if they haven't they should be on top of what, who and how it is all happening
- Positioning of the bridal party is important. (sometimes Arches positioned badly can spoil photos (stand in front of them, not under them)
- Help you to relax as much as possible during the ceremony
- Allow you to take your time as you move through the ceremony
- Communicate well through the pre-ceremony organisation ( are they making themselves available to you as part of their overall service, or do they only designate a certain amount of time)
- Make you feel comfortable and most of all do you like them?
Price should not be at the top of your list. After all you want to have the best celebrant for you.
Posted by From This Moment On Celebrant Services at 10:27 PM
Monday, July 16, 2018
Now we are at the Ceremony. Who goes first, my bridesmaids or flower girls, page boys, or other way round?
The choice is yours. I have been asked this question several times.
It is acceptable for the bridesmaids and groomsman to walk arm and arm up the aisle and then separate and stand in their prospective positions with the best-man, groomsmen and page boys, on the right looking toward the celebrant and the bridesmaids on the left, with the flower girls.
It is also acceptable to have the best-man and the groomsmen already standing at the alter waiting for the bridesmaids to walk up the aisle in single file, with the maid of honour the last bridesmaid to come before the bride. If you have flower-girls, pageboys, ring bearers, in your bridal party, they would precede the bridesmaids. Most of all don't stress about it!
Its your wedding, it is about what you want, so organise it that way. For more information or help contact us through fromthismomenton.mail.com or through our website https://www.fromthismomenton.com.au/
Posted by From This Moment On Celebrant Services at 10:08 PM